Come join the Buell team! We are looking for dedicated people who will thrive in a progressive, growing company with a team-oriented environment.
We have an immediate opening for an in-person (Grand Rapids, MI), full time Buyer position. Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree and preferably 3-5 years experience in purchasing/supply chain or equivalent job experience.
Manage the supply base and negotiate purchase agreements to ensure competitiveness. Regularly review inventory levels with operational staff and logistics, and issue purchase orders and contractual agreements to ensure proper inventory levels for manufacturing. Establish and maintain supplier relations. Confer with suppliers and familiarize themselves with commodities and suppliers' operations to determine factors that affect pricing and determine lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules. Initiate and review supplier quotations, negotiate prices, select or recommend suppliers, analyze trends, follow up orders placed, and maintain necessary records. Establish terms & conditions of contracts, including payment and delivery terms with suppliers. Work cross-functionally with internal departments to resolve supplier issues and communicate requirements. Compile and analyze statistical data, develop cost reduction opportunities and objectives that align with company material cost budgets over time. Compile information to keep informed on price trends and manufacturing processes.
Candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following commodities:
· Injection Moldings
· Machined Components
· Identify suppliers who can develop and produce required components/systems
· Prepare and send out Request for Quotation packages for to supply base for multiple commodity types
· Issue Purchase Orders and/or Contract Agreements on an as-needed basis to supply base
· Manage and contract part design changes issued by Engineering to suppliers
· Collaborate with Engineering on Design and Material changes recommended by Suppliers for Cost Reduction, Quality Improvements and Technology Advancement
· Source suppliers for New Product Programs in accordance with Program Timing and Deliverable
· Review and thoroughly analyze quotation packages received
· Present sourcing recommendation proposals to management
· Effectively review all aspects of quotations including raw material prices, SG&A, overhead, and identify discrepancies in quotations
· Support sales, quality and manufacturing based on sourcing lead time and delivery requirements
· Create target pricing and negotiate best pricing for piece price and tooling to use during the supplier selection process
· Identify new suppliers for product opportunities
· Evaluate and track the performance of current suppliers
· Evaluate the capabilities of potential suppliers needed
· Build positive relationships with all suppliers
· Work diligently under minimal supervision
· Other duties deemed necessary by Management
· 3-5 years experience in Purchasing or equivalent job experience
· ln-office position with Working Location in Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
· Working knowledge of Supply Contract Terms & Conditions; Payment and Delivery Terms
· Ability to learn new software programs
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Google Docs
· Demonstrate superior planning and organizational skills and outstanding verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and other regulations
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, suppliers and the general public
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We continue to hire for other positions as well, so please submit any resumes to email@example.com. Please include interested job category in the subject line.